Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Dress

      As pretty much anyone knows, the wedding dress is the most important thing to a bride- second only to the groom. I was extremely lucky and was able to get my dream dress on account of the generocity of Maggie Sottero. Back in 2011, Maggie Sottero hosted a contest called, "Love How YOU Fit," that required the contestants to take a look at themselves and write an essay discussing how they fit, as a person, in with their family, friends, and community. While discussing how we fit, we were also called to discuss how we came to terms with how we fit in our community. Around June 1st, 2011, Maggie Sottero announced its 10 winners and their essays.
     I was elated to discover that I was one of the winners. I had hoped and prayed, but I did not expect that I would actually win the choice of any Maggie Sottero dress!




So I went to the bridal shop....
     They were all SO beautiful. I had never expected to actually enjoy dress shopping. Knowing that I am not the skinniest person, I was afraid that every dress would look horrible on me and that the entire experience would be disheartening. I was so pleasantly surprised. Maggie Sottero's dresses have the incredible abilty to slim and give an amazing hourglass figure with their lace-up corset backs and the design of their dresses. My final line up of favorite dresses was: Primavera, Pasadena, Coco, Desirae, and my final choice which shall not be announced until after the wedding for fear of a snooping fiance.


Finally, I narrowed it between my dress and Desirae, and chose my dress. It was an extremely difficult decision, but I am very glad I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment